Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Based on the Y’s four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, our code of conduct ensure that all who enter the Wheeling YMCA enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment.
We ask everyone who enters to act in a manner that upholds these principles. If you use the Y, we expect you to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others—this includes refraining from language or actions that could hurt or frighten another person, or behavior that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
Specifically, action that does not show respect to others and is not permitted includes:
- Wearing inappropriate attire appropriate attire includes swimsuits only in the pool area, and shoes and acceptable workout attire in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or pictures is not allowed. Appropriate workout shoes must be worn- no boots.
- Using angry or vulgar language including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassing or intimidating by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
- Stealing or other behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on the Y’s property or in Y vehicles.
- Smoking. Our facility is a smoke-free environment.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
As a member or guest, we encourage you to become responsible for your own personal comfort and safety. In the rare instance that someone’s behavior threatens you, please ask that person to refrain from the behavior, and feel free to immediately report the behavior to a manager if you feel uncomfortable confronting the person. We will investigate any reported incident and suspension or termination of the membership privileges may result if it’s determined that a violation of the code of conduct occurred.
Services for Fees or Trade
YMCA members, participants, day pass users and guests may not use Y facilities to provide services (e.g., personal training, basketball/swim coaching, etc.) for fees or trade. Acting as an independent contractor in a Y facility may lead to membership suspension and/or removal from facility. If you are interested in volunteering or renting space, please contact the executive director. Thank you for your cooperation.
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit social services organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.
©2021 Wheeling YMCA