COVID-19 Updates and Announcements
The Wheeling YMCA facility and pool has reopened!
Temporary Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 7am-4pm
Note: We will be open to YMCA members only (including Silver Sneakers and Silver & Fit). Memberships are still available for purchase. No guest passes or Y-AWAY members are permitted at this time.
The pool, steam room and sauna are open. The hot tub remains closed. We will have one group fitness class per evening outside (weather permitting) Monday-Thursday. Weekly group fitness schedules will be posted on our Facebook page.
We want to keep our staff and members safe during this time so please read this important information before visiting the YMCA:
- If you do not feel well, stay home.
- The CDC encourages seniors and people with severe underlying medical conditions to stay home.
- Masks are recommended.
- Staff and members are subject to temperature checks.
- There will be no evening childcare at this time.
- Members must bring their own water bottle. The water dispenser station is available, but the water fountains are not.
- Sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility.
- Social distancing is required at all times.
- Capacity for the facility will be limited per state guidelines.
Members only until further notice.
Max capacity in the pool area is 25 people while maintaining a distance of 6ft apart.
One swimmer per lap lane; unless in same family.
All towels must remain in a locker room or be placed on a hook. Bags must be left in a locker.
All Wheeling YMCA pool equipment is prohibited for use. Please bring your own toys, goggles, noodles, life jackets, water weights, kick boards, etc.
Families who DO NOT reside together need to stay 6ft apart from others.
Max capacity for sauna and steam room is 3 people with social distancing.
LOCKER ROOM GUIDELINES:
Shower heads will be limited to implement social distancing.
Members need to clean their locker after each use. There is a cleaning station set up in each locker room.
Lockers are limited to maintain social distance.
BRING YOUR OWN LOCK.
Saturday & Sunday: 7am-3:30pm
The pool will be closed 11:20am-3:40pm Monday-Friday from June 4 through August 14 for summer childcare.
**All staff will be wiping down benches, doors and handrails to keep the pool sanitized for everyone’s safety.**
POOL AND SHOWER CLOSURES SCHEDULE:
For more updates, please follow the Wheeling YMCA on Facebook.